More custom maps

Got mapping skills? Wanna learn? Mapping Topics Here
removed
I'm New Here

More custom maps

Postby removed » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:20 pm

updated
Last edited by removed on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<SK> | Groz
<SK> Officer
Games Played: DoD:S, GW2, GTA V, Minecraft

Re: More custom maps

Postby <SK> | Groz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:16 am

r3n0 wrote:dod_bazookas_2000 - only bazookas are allowed
dod_landmines_2001 - an obstacle course filled with hidden landmines. Pretty hilarious

I'm really interested in these two.
SourceBans has moved. New Link!

<SK> | WickedBooYa
<SK> Senior Admin

Postby <SK> | WickedBooYa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 am

Yeah those are two good choices for the server Groz, Please get that Bazooka map OMG!!!!! please good sir
<SK> | DRILL_SGT_P_02
<SK> Leader
Games Played: DoD:S

Postby <SK> | DRILL_SGT_P_02 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:52 pm

As long as they have 16 spawn points per side then I will add them to the map list.

I do not add maps that have people siting in spec and can't play the game.

Also as long as any cap points are not in the spawn area then they will be added.
DON'T START NO SHIT, THERE WON'T BE NO SHIT

<SK> | Groz
<SK> Officer
Games Played: DoD:S, GW2, GTA V, Minecraft

Postby <SK> | Groz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 pm

<SK> | DRILL_SGT_P_02 wrote:Also as long as any cap points are not in the spawn area then they will be added.

That was/is a problem with papermap, by the way. I don't know if the new version fixes this.
SourceBans has moved. New Link!

a43
Forum Explorer

Postby a43 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 pm

We still have multiple maps with flags in/on/ spawn locations.
removed
I'm New Here

Postby removed » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:27 pm

updated
Last edited by removed on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<SK> | Relic
<SK> Senior Admin
Games Played: DoD:S, TERA, agario, GW2, TSW, BF4, BFHL, CSGO, Civ5

Postby <SK> | Relic » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 pm

r3n0 wrote:It would be great to try some of the stranger maps, not but them in rotation, but just play them in the server for a night. If there are crappy spawns on a map you guys do like, I could decompile the map and make minor adjustments. Again. Not a map developer. Just having fun messing around with hammer. I'll try adding one of y'all on steam.

We appreciate the enthusiasm. Trust me some new maps would work out amazingly. But some things you need to be aware of:

Besides the pre-req's that Drill has already posted here a few things that you need to know:

- If spawn is compromising to our rules.
- Content of the map is compromising to the server rules in any way.
- We do not allow recompiled maps due to copyright issues with original creators

These are very important situation for the maps that you propose. So If they meet our criteria then we will add them without any fuss. If they are against anything here then we will remove them and not add them. This includes if you decompile a map, edit it, then repost it for the server. We just don't allow that for any of our maps (knowingly) without the modifications being done by the original creator. This is to protect us as players and the clan as a whole. But as drill said he will take a look at the maps and if they meet this shit then they will be added. We don't do 1 time map rotations as of now so all new maps will be added to our map list which in turn adds to the rotation.

:pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt:
removed
I'm New Here

Postby removed » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 pm

updated
Last edited by removed on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<SK> | DRILL_SGT_P_02
<SK> Leader

Postby <SK> | DRILL_SGT_P_02 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:42 pm

dod_blackmap_2000 - No spawn walls which will lead to shooting into and out of spawn.
dod_bazookas_2000 - Not enough spawn points 12 (Allies) 11 (Axis).
dod_landmines_2001 - Not enough spawn points.
dod_nade-city_2000 - This will lead to nades being thrown up if primed correctly and killing in the spawn.
dod_king_of_da_hill_2000 - No set spawn areas which will lead to shooting into and out of spawn.
dod_brickmap_2000 - No spawn walls which will lead to shooting into and out of spawn after the bricks have been destroyed.
dod_swazy_2000 - No spawn wall which will lead to shooting into and out of spawn as the flag is just down from spawn.
dod_room_map_2000 - No set spawns and when you enter a room it could be a spawn area then that leads to shooting into and out of spawn.
dod_water_knife_arena - No Spawn walls which leads to shooting into and out of spawn, I spawned with a weapon, not a knife.
dod_orchard_2000 - No Spawn walls which leads to shooting into and out of spawn.
dod_laddermap_2000 - Will put this on the server and try, Worried about the one flag close to spawn on both sides. have to play this one to be sure.
dod_invisible_maze_2000_beta - Once they toggle the switch that could lead to shooting into and out of spawn, no spawn walls.
dod_checkers_2000 - No Spawn walls which leads to shooting into and out of spawn.
dod_5towers_2000 - You have to run through spawn in order to cap the flags on top of the buildings.
wall_of_invisibility - This allows players to shoot grenades into and out of spawn, someone (which has been done) can stay in spawn and shoot nades out.
dod_multimap_2000 - On rotation for the server
dod_papermap_beta5 - Each team has spawn points inside the building where a flag is , that will lead to shooting into and out of spawn, plus the building is to close to the spawn and there is no spawn wall.
dod_around_the_corner_2000 - On this version the spawns are to close to the first flag.
DON'T START NO SHIT, THERE WON'T BE NO SHIT

Return to “General Mapping Discussions”