leaderworks?

Got mapping skills? Wanna learn? Mapping Topics Here
BulletWhole
Forum Ninja

leaderworks?

Postby BulletWhole » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:43 pm

I have this on my radar since it looks allot like hammer, possibly the next gen for a hammer tool? anyway I like the looks and if it goes on sale I may pick it up. I would want to make sure it exports to vmf or rmf...or even just compiles to bsp's....
<SK> | a paper cup
<SK> Junior Admin

Re: leaderworks?

Postby <SK> | a paper cup » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 am

I can't find anything on a map making tool called 'leaderworks'... post a link to it!
<SK> | Canipokeu420
<SK> Assistant Leader
Games Played: DoD:S, GW2, BF4, M!nD

Postby <SK> | Canipokeu420 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm

ON STEAM
BulletWhole
Forum Ninja

Postby BulletWhole » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 am

<SK> | Luggz
<SK> Member

Postby <SK> | Luggz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:13 pm

We do support .vtf files for textures! Just drop them into the project folder and they will be automatically loaded. Our .mdl format is not the same as Valve's for Source Engine. I am however interested in importing additional file formats from Source Engine.

After seeing that I Dont think it would work.

cut then I found this http://www.leadwerks.com/forum/viewtopi ... =20&t=4031
BulletWhole
Forum Ninja

Postby BulletWhole » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:11 pm

damn, but it is a sexy looking tool ;)
<SK> | .C7.Einhander
<SK> Member
Games Played: DoD:S

Postby <SK> | .C7.Einhander » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm

That's a stripped down Unity UI formatted for the source engine. Basically hammer with additional functions but in reality if you took the time to research what you should be doing for game development you would have realized all you need is hammer and a programming tool like notepad++ or better.

or a stripped engine (if you really need one) and some decent code and presto! brand new game.

And if you really feel old fashioned skip the engine all together and just program it from the ground up, just be ready for a lot of checks and balancing programming. (because all an engine is, is a already set framework of programming telling you what you can and can't do with the game. but its easier to hop into and use than building a framework from the ground up.)

So if you are just making custom maps for games hammer is good enough, but if your making a mod and want a flashy UI with some bells and whistles then leader works might make it easier from what I consider a traditional method. Keep in mind however this is an all in one package so if you already have a sound editing program you may have conflicts with the recording Hrz/freq. Also from my experience any program that has a debugger inside it can be a double edged sword due to the fact that if you are programming something on the fly just to alpha something these programs go nuts but if your trying to find where a line is jacked they can be nifty (in otherwords take the time to get a legit debug or learn how to do it yourself which is the best way.)
*Beep* *Boop* *Bop*

Return to “General Mapping Discussions”